Wednesday, May 19, 2021

188. Bale Breaker Brewery


There is a brewery in Moxee, Washington that I really appreciate. It’s on the edge of Yakima in the hop fields. It’s called Bale Breaker Brewery and it has a nice open, airy tasting area with lots of green space outside. There is no food served there but they frequently have food trucks so that you can have something to eat with your beer.

I had been aware of Bale Breaker IPA because you can buy it around here in stores. I had no idea that it was right off the road from where we frequently go when we go to Yakima to visit family. I’m an IPA guy so I appreciate all of the hoppy beers they have there, but they make a few wheat beers as well, so it’s not just a place for the people who like their beer a little on the bitter side.

I appreciate the atmosphere of Bale Breaker. You can just go into the bar section of the brewery and get some help ordering what would be an appropriate beer for your palate.

The atmosphere is pleasant with the windowed walls opening up onto the lawn in a kind of porch area. The Yakima Valley is desert and gets sunshine pretty much 300 days a year so your chances of hitting it right are high. If you go on a warm spring day or a hot summer’s afternoon with friends and family and order some nice cold beers you’ll be able to enjoy the cool of the lawn and the warmth of friendship along with a good beer. And, if you’re like me, you won’t be able to decide what kind of beer you want because there are too many good choices. The solution to that problem is to order a flight and give several beers a try. I have to say that that’s a thing I like to do when I’m at a brewery so that I can decide just what kind I want to take home to drink there and fondly reminisce of my time spent at Bale Breaker Brewery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment