Thursday, October 3, 2024

Poem: I Saw Your Photograph Today

I Saw Your Photograph Today
Villanelle

I saw your photograph today
And looked longingly at you there.
It was lovely, what can I say?

I know upon me you would prey
But the image was, oh, so fair.
I saw your photograph today.

I was glad you were far away; 
I had control when you were there.
It was lovely, what can I say?

To be with you I wish this day,
To feel your touch and smell your hair.
I saw you photograph today.

I hope it’s not too much to say
I’d lose control if I were there.
It was lovely, what can I say?

So I will be here every way
Desiring you as you are fair
For I saw you photo today.
It was lovely. What can I say?

February 2023

About This Poem
This poem is a Villanelle that I wrote about the webs we weave in toxic relationships. It's mostly fictional because I haven't really had any prolonged toxic relationships, but there have been some where there is some attraction, yet I can't help but know it is not healthy. This poem is about that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment