Friday, July 5, 2024

Poem: Adrift Upon the Lake


Adrift Upon the Lake

Adrift upon the lake in my
canoe, I see cloudbreak make sigh
as glass turns to rings
crashing into things 
as heart sings
here to cry

of isolated beauty here
where I float longing to be near
engulfed in your pools 
of ringlets. Oh fool,
here I cool
as you hear

my aching moan to be right here
swirling into this perfect mere
where you wrap your arms 
about me in charms
where none harms
drowning here.

Adrift upon the lake in my
embrace, clouds of your love are nigh
as glass turns to rings
crashing into things.
My heart sings 
to your sigh.

About This Poem

I love to just drift on a lake in a boat every once in awhile. In rereading this poem it seems dark. Sometimes, I suppose, my thoughts are dark, but generally, near water, I am buoyed up and feel great. There's a little of that here also. I don't actually know when I wrote it. I typed it up in June a couple of years ago. It seems appropriate for summer. I think it could use a little more editing, but here's the draft.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment